We are currently looking for members to join the Division G Graduate Student Committee. The Graduate Student Committee is in charge of outreach and involvement of graduate student members in the Division. These positions are a great way to network with graduate students from diverse institutions who are interested in: a) social contexts of education, b) collaborations with Division G officers, and c) getting involved in graduate student events at the AERA Annual Meetings.
If you are interested in serving on the Division G Graduate Student Committee, please submit a current CV and a 1-page statement. Your statement should describe: (1) why you are interested in this position, (2) any previous service to student organizations, and (3) ways that your experiences and interests can support this committee to DivGgrads@gmail.com by July 26, 2013 11:59 PST.
– Planning AERA events for undergraduate and graduate students in Division G,
– Working on subcommittees of your choice (including recruitment, outreach, mentoring and communication)
– Assisting Division G graduate student representatives in other endeavors, such as planning Fireside Chats and Student Sessions
– Must be a current, paid Division G member at the time of application
– Must be able to make a 2-year commitment to the Division G Graduate Student Executive Committee
– Must be available for one hour conference call (via Skype) meetings at least twice a month
– Must be enthusiastic and willing to collaborate with other student members at different institutions across the country (via Skype)
If you have any questions, contact Senior Rep Kristi Donaldson or Junior Rep Sakeena Everett at DivGgrads@gmail.com.