The position’s primary responsibilities are to conduct research in their area of expertise within the larger field of comparative and international higher education and international student exchange, contributing substantively to scholarship; to develop and teach classes in international and comparative higher education and international student exchange in the M.A. program in international education; to support doctoral students pursuing degrees in related fields; and, to provide service to program, department, school, university, and the larger academic, professional, local and international communities. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to assume a primary role in strengthening graduate studies in the area of international student services/study abroad and international/comparative higher education in collaboration with program faculty.
· An earned doctorate in International/Comparative Education or a related field (i.e. Higher Education Administration, Global Studies, World Language Education, etc.) at the time of application
· Demonstrated scholarship (publications, grants, presentations, etc.) in international/comparative education or a related field;
· Successful teaching experience at the graduate level, as demonstrated by having served as instructor of record in a graduate level course for at least one semester;
· A substantive focus in study abroad and international student services and/or comparative/international higher education, as demonstrated by academic preparation, experience, and research; and,
· Regional expertise in one or more of the following: Latin America, Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa as demonstrated by academic preparation, experience, and research.
For the full position description and qualificationsvisit: http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/18666.