We are currently looking for four (4) members to join the Division G Graduate Student Committee. The Graduate Student Committee is in charge of outreach and involvement of graduate student members in the division. This position is a great way to network with other graduate students in diverse institutions interested in Social Contexts of Education, collaborate with Division G officers and get involved in graduate student events at the AERA Annual Meeting.
If interested, please submit a current CV and a 1-page statement describing why you are interested in this position, any previous service to student organizations, and ways that you consider you can support this committee to DivGgrads@gmail.com by June 15, 2012 11:59 PST.
– Plan AERA events for undergraduate and graduate students in Division G,
– Work on subcommittees of your choice, including recruitment, outreach, mentoring and communication
– Assist in editing and composition of committee records and documentation
– Assist Division G graduate student representatives in other endeavors
– Must be a current paid Division G member at time of application
– Must be able to make a 2-year commitment to the Division G Graduate Student Executive Committee
– Must be available for one hour conference-call (via SKYPE) meetings at least twice a month
– Must be willing to work with other student members at different institutions across the country (via Skype)
We look forward to hearing from you!